I have no problem with setting up areas (non-nat. park) for motorsports. I have a problem with a few lazy-arse adrenaline junkies who, not content with the vast tracts of land already industrialized for their enjoyment insist on imposing their set of 'sandpit rules' on those of us prepared to put in the effort for a bit of solitude.

(This does not even begin to bring up the issues of safety, mountain ettiquette, wildlife interference, pollution...etc)

Enjoyment for all? Would it be acceptable for one person to play a stereo in a cathedral while others were praying?

Very well thank you.

I don't understand why unrelated things like pylons in national parks, logging roads, and steps on trails have been brought up.

I have no problem with snowmobiles per se. In some out of the way places, giving the locals snowmobiles would be more efficient than clearing the roads with dozers. However, the subject here is "BC" snowmobiling. I don't see how riding a noisy, polluting machine in the few areas humans have left for nature conforms to the "take only photos, leave only footprints" concept of entering the backcountry. As yakman says, there are plenty of other places to get thrills.

Hey wiggles dont worry Hakuba is hard to access with mobiles anyways.

Its the new trend mate. All the big riders cant afford heli time or cat time these days. So they buy machines and ride them into BC. Either they high line em up and ghost ride em down or skin from the bottom.

Coming from Canada and having used the things alot I dont see a major problem. For the most part serious Sled heads arent dicks. They dont want a dirty BC they just want to get in and out the same day. I used to love hitting the lake and putting the sled flat out over the ice. 160 is my top end speed. Freaking fun to get them to spin out at 20kms too.

Hey wiggles anything new down your way. I got a cut on my ear that got infected by a snot nose kid touching it. now my ear is wrapped up and I look the fool i usally am. Going out drinking tonite yeah.