this thread isnt really about line bindings so much as continuing a convo with fattwins we started on another forum.

As for race skis - anything is fine. Pref with lots of sidecut and longish. Try to make them quite different from any other ski I have. I would like to get them as cheap as possible. I'll use them before work when there is no pow and no good park and I dont have time to go on a longer adventure. I'll stick a line adapter plate on them and then I'll be able to use the line bindings with them.

I dont like the chance of getting down south. Instead of going to Hokkaido this yar we decided to get Hachimantai passes as well as Geto/Appi passes. Its not just the money for the expressway its a full day drive too. 8hrs I think. Thats 2 days lost just travelling.

But.. You never know what might happen.

I will head to the shop this weekend and snap some picks. Out the back they had 6 to 8 year old 200 to 210 downhill race skis, low tip. Good for rec. speed skiing or your rec GS course. They might be gone by now though but I will check.

Line binders will work fine I figure. Just re-state my point not my cup of tea at the moment cause of wieght. I like the design and the fact that you dont have to buy a binding set for every ski. Just buy the plate and your set.

You could fly down here though. If some of the biglines fill in it might be good to come down though.