I cooked a chicken with stuffing, made a pumpkin pie, a killer salsa and heated up some cranberries. I have a lot to be thankful for this year and I will be eating accordingly. \:D

Hhhmmmm, I gave thanks that I am not British and that my country still shows signs of being progressive. Bush was a fluke. Anyone want to buy derivatives? I've got some for sale.

Look at what some voters in America have to say about the English.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1329858,00.html

England may not be the most dynamic country in the world, I could even say more critical things but they are just personal opinions based on my biases, tastes and preferences. That is, England's "shortcomings" are overall meaningless to anyone but me.

However Americas shortcomings have intense meaning for just about everyone, except for 51% of Americans who vote for a man that quite simply brings death and destruction to the homeland and foreign sovereign states.

England = not progressive (nothing more than a personal opinion)

America = leading the effort to first hand f*ck up the world and promote war, deceit and terrorism (yes, America promotes it!) as a means of installing the warped ideal of American styled freedom and democracy for the not so hidden agenda of controlling oil and maintaining a military dominance on the world (a reality that is driving this world into the ground).

Having said that, 49% of Americans are likely ok people and they will cheer with the rest of us when Bush is gone (and he WILL go). I no longer support my country on the basis of our governments support of Bush. I think 51% of my country are as stupid as 51% of Americans.

I would like to live in Utah for the powder.

Don`t think Kerry would have made much difference. Or that any country with that much power and in America`s position would be acting much different.

An interesting article http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1359871,00.html

Apologies for the topic shift

I like the idea of thanksgiving every culture/country should have a day in which you give thanks for what you have and think about where it came from.

Bush and his handlers have stolen 2 elections, and any opened minded look at the evidence suggests they also launched 9/11 as well. That's not a fluke. That's a lot not to give thanks for.

More cranberry sauce anyone?

Quote:
I gave thanks that I'm not American and that my country still shows signs of being a democracy.
Although I am neither American nor British, I have always been curious, what is better?
a) Being a citizen of a not so democratic country and vote for a leader that is well known for his “Democratic Opinions” and his “Disapproval of any form of Violence”.
Or
B) Being a citizen of a so called democratic country and vote for a leader that kisses the ass of the above mentioned leader.

I think I would go for a)

By the way, how many cameras are in the streets of the democratic London?

Well that would be B) at the moment, because unless that arse-kissing leader is able to steal an election, he might be gone soon. And even if he isn't gone, it'll still be democratic if he's elected fairly. Don't forget, recent US elections are not even up to the standards of Ukrainian or even Iranian elections.

And those cameras in London are there because people want them there. Whatever led you to reason that security cameras are undemocratic, if indeed that's what you're insinuating?

Quote:
And those cameras in London are there because people want them there. Whatever led you to reason that security cameras are undemocratic, if indeed that's what you're insinuating?
Well I am just talking about this thing.

A really good book

What is your opinion about it?

And something I have forgotten:
A great thanksgiving to all the people that are celebrating today! wave.gif
Sorry for high-jacking this thread.