anyone near Hanamaki, Iwate???

Does anyone live near Hanamaki in Iwate? Anyone who wants to earn a little extra money by becoming my personal marshal?

Here's the story. In summer 2003 on the way from Nagano to Hokkaido I was involved in a traffic accident. We were driving on the expressway when a guy hit our car from the right lane. Luckily we weren't hurt. After we called police it turns out the guy has no insurance, but he offers to pay for the damage mad.gif After the holidays the Odyseey starts. He doesn't answer my calls nor requests for payment. This goes on for months so I decided to sue him. The judgement states that he has to pay the whole sum of about 23man. Of course he didn't appear in court. After the trial, no reaction. I have not talked to this a..hole since the day of the accident. When I call his company (he's the boss BTW) I'm told he's out, I call his cell, he turns it off, I call his home his 80something mother answers the phone, telling me that she has nothing to do with it.

Out of the blue I get 1man in March and again 2man in June. This is about what I spent on the whole procedure of sueing him.

It's a long shot, but my idea is to find some scary looking ;\) gaijin, who just walks into his office and asks him to pay. I would love to do it by myself, but it's just to far away. I'm offering you 20% of the money you can squeeze out of him.

Uh wouldn't doing something like this equate to extortion and end up turning the tables on yourself?

I mean I can understand the emotion invloved, but don't let it cloud your judgement.

For a fee of 50% I would travel there and do the job for you. I am 195cm and 85kg. Big enough to scare the bejebbers out of most people.

Captain Stag,

Thanks for the reply. How far away from there are you? And do you speak Japanese?

If you're willing to help, I will fax you a copy of the statement. I'd really appreciate it if you could go there, since I figured that this is the last chance to get any money.

Mogski,

I don't see how it could be extortion since he is the one who ows me money.

I would go there by myself if I were sure he

payed. However, I kind of got the feeling that even then he wouldn't (or couldn't) pay the whole sum.

I just don't like his attitude of just ignoring me. If he apologized or returned my calls once I wouldn't be that mad mad.gif

The law is on my side, that's right. However I didn't find this very helpful so far. Of course it's a little more complicated than I can explain here, but basically it turns out, that if he doesn't want to pay there's no way the court will force him to do so. Funny, isn't it? I couldn't believe it.