i find the australian accent on women alot harsher then men with an australian accent. over the years ive lost my australian accent (depending on where i am, i am either south african, a brit, or an aussie confused.gif ) but when i go back i cant help but cringe at how some women talk. the australian tone of voice seems to fluctuate up and down on a word to word basis and it just sounds effing terrible.

end of huge generalisation. dont be offended.

Well db I'm not sure Hulun is a potential pg3 stunner, but she's hardly the dog the more moronic members of the press have made her out to be. Such slagging by them has ironically worked in her favor anyway. Most kiwis are pretty fair-minded and such criticism, which would never apply to a male politician, is taken by many for the crap it is. Full credit to Hulun for improving the position of women in NZ society. More women in power can only make the world a better place I reckon.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
Sakitumi - not sure of you are being sarcastic, but I have found that in the few visits that I have made Americans (in America) offer the most friendly reception, and I have only been to NY which is supposed to be rude. I suspect that Canadians would be just as friendly as Americans. At a minimum, Americans know how to so good-day to the guy on the street and will have a chat at the corner lights about nothing much to the stranger they stood next to. This is non-existent in London and also in many parts of Australia. Say hello to a stranger in NY and they say hello back and often throw in a smile.
No, not being sarcastic at all. I cant speak for NY but obviously you can and Im glad to hear the reception is good. I was just speaking for Texas and the whole "southern hospitality" thang; it applies to everybody.

And by no means am I saying that there are no jerks in America, God knows Ive dealt with more than a few.