The best way to build up stamina

SG,

I can see his point but personal experience and PB's tell me otherwise (for me).

My running improved dramatically when through my sydney 2000 squad, I started fartlek training. It was only 1 session a week of 4, but I still to this day think that fartlek training did increase my running potential.

I think bike riding would help build up your legs for skiing/boarding. There is alot of cross-training between the two sports. Sometimes people even switch (Greg Lemond, Tyler Hamilton, etc). Probably lots of hill climbing will build up your stamina and power faster than just rolling on the flats.

We got a pair of BD1's this summer and have been riding alot. Some longer outings have been Machida-Enoshima, Yokohama-Tokyo, Tama mountains, etc. My favorite climb is to the top of Yuzawa Kogen from Yuzawa, along the road past Naspa.

At the start of the snow season, yeah my legs get sore. But they get used to it after a couple of days.

I ve started again to go to the gym regularly. I try to go at least 3 times a week, with one day rest after each training day. Since this year’s goal is to build up strength for snowboarding, my set of exercises are fit for that. I try do scouats with the same weights as my bodyweight, and some working out on machines to work out a bit more the other parts of the legs. Also some general exercises, chest-press, lat-pull downs etc, to build up stamina.

If you go to any major gym, they usually fix your program according to your needs.

Quote:
Originally posted by yamayamayama:
Do you take some kind of lesson/tuition there tsondaboy? I've been trying out a few things in the gym but on my own... not sure what I'm doing is the best
Is it your first time weight-training yamayamayama or you have some kind of experience?
My first 2 years in the gym, I always had some experience guy-trainer fix my program. Now more or less I fix it buy myself, since I ve learned my limits and the way my body reacts to each exercise.
If you are a beginner, DEFINETLY take some lessons. It is really important to have someone sow you how to do each exercise the right way. Don’t just try to copy what other people do in the gym, it is the fastest way to get injured. Also there are many different training programs depending on your needs, so better ask for advice.