I'm sure this might have been brought up in previous years but I'm hot as hell at work these days. The heaters are on full blast and I'm there sweating and working in short sleeves in the middle of winter. Why oh why do they have the heating on so much? I can feel my skin drying up as well.

Objection!

Yamayama, I think because of the difference of blood pressuer or body temperture something like that.

If you had Japanese female coworkers in the office, I am sure probably it is way too much hot because they set it around 25-28C , right?

Generally speaking, Japanese women have poor blood circulation. So usually they want to heat the rooms up enough for them which is really too hot for you.

Even to me, it always feels too hot than required.

Yeah Charlotte, exactly.

If you go to Tokyo in summer and get in and out Yamanote line train, you will feel bad because it's too hot and humid outside of the train but too cold like at the southpole inside.

Gamera is right. I always thought it was B/S but at few years back at a house party the topic came up and we all took our temperatures (swilling the thermometer in a mug of vodka between armpits). Most of the Japanese had temps around 36 degrees but the foreigners 37. Seems us aliens are different after all. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Not sure about a difference between men & women though.

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
Most of the Japanese had temps around 36 degrees but the foreigners 37. Seems us aliens are different after all. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />
Wow really? I have never tried to check it though. Just 1C difference but probably this could mean big difference?
When my body temperture goes higher than 37C, it's usually when something goes wrong like fever, flu etc.