I don't even know if that is what it was called, but it was the tv series that came before The Naked Gun and was just really silly (and funny). Anyone remember that?

Police Squad! In Color!

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-5627/Police_Squad/

Fun facts

* Each episode has two titles. What appears as the on-screen title differs from the voice-over narration title.

* The show contained on-screen act numbers after commercial breaks (Act I, Act II, etc.), with Act II being a gag title.

* Each week featured a special guest star who was killed in the opening credits, even before the credits finished.

* In each episode, Frank Drebin runs over a number of garbage cans equal to the episode number.

* Starting with the second episode and continuing with each episode, Frank Drebin would reel off a list of the criminals captured from previous episodes.

* During the closing credits, the cast would pretend to "freeze frame." However, coffee being poured into a cup would overflow onto a character's shoes, or Nordberg would enter the scene not knowing to stand still.

* ABC wanted the show to have a laugh track, but Abrahams, Zucker, and Zucker wouldn't give in.

* Though he was in the opening credits, Rex Hamilton never appeared in any of the episodes.

* CBS re-ran the entire series over six-weeks when Naked Gun 2 ½ : The Smell of Fear was released. Unfortunately, it still did poorly in the ratings.

Those fun facts up there are interesting. Shows how much detail the average watcher takes in (ie none). Not that I'm average of course, I'm just trying to pretend to think from an average persons point of view.