Am finding it a wee bit pricey also at the mo, both to UK and to OZ. Think lot more people are going abroad at mo and may be a cause too.

P.S SJ Avater is changed as requested

If you would like to spend a little more on flights to offset the CO2 emissions from flying, check out Climate Care . Calculate how many tons of CO2 you will emit, then fork over some guilt money to fund greening and new energy projects.

jet.jpg

> A recent staff meeting that required 40 people to fly from all corners of the world

I've been to some of those sorts of meetings. Where email would actually have worked far better.

• 4 years later...

Was reading metropolis today *cough spit* and saw an add for direct flights to the UK for 67000yen.

Phoned up and was told all the flights had gone and the cheapest they had was 179000yen.

effing hellî—…

Just a quick look but Dec 22 to Jan 6 is 108,000 yen with taxes on BA's website. Christmas Eve too was still reasonable.

If you can only go at peak time though, you'll get creamed.

My xmas flights to london with JAL were pretty cheap I thought, 21man for 4 ppl. We bought really early though.

108000yen is cheap for japan standards, however once converted to GBP at 142yen/GBP it starts to stink a bit.

I still think many companies are happily ignoring the fact yen is superman now (however I noticed last week that IKEA have cut many prices by about 20% to reflect yen strength and prices are now same as UK).

Originally Posted By: bobby12
My xmas flights to london with JAL were pretty cheap I thought, 21man for 4 ppl. We bought really early though.

Is your youngest still under two? Even for three, that's still really good.