If you want my opinion, even if they solve some of the accuracy problems they have they will never be able to make it as reliable as PIEPS or TRACKER. At least not with the current technology beacons implement. Still it is interesting concept that looks into the future.

You may be right Tsonda. I like the fact that manufacturers are trying new things though. A while ago when the tracker first came out a lot of purists dismissed it and critized it but soon realized that the digital beacons really helped speed-up searches especially for those with less experience. So although I am also a bit doubtfull about the S1, I wish them success. Who knows, maybe it will be the next generation of beacons.

Seems they like the pieps on that site. I like the fact that you can update the software as well with the pieps, that pretty cool. I'll try to download the latest soft one of these days, would like to be able to test the frequency drift for the beacons of some of the people I go with, just out of curiosity.

If I understood it correctly the freq drift of Pieps is mainly their own. It is the way the device can located more than 1 user. (Pieps give mutiple signals with small freq changes)

I might have completely misunderstood the explanation (way too technical for me).

• 2 weeks later...