Hi!

I don't have any experience with the head i.XRC 1100, or any other ski's at all, i'm a snowboarder!

But,

Last year i bought the Head Intelligence snowboard after recommendation from a friend. It was PRICY!!! but WTF, i wanted some nice gear, and the chip thing sounded like a cool invention.

But i was disapointed, REALLY disapointed! the board was very soft, and did not stiffen up much when i went fast, it was vibrating at high speed!

The base was never flat.

This year i bought a new board (burton Triumph)

i regard my flirt with Head to be OVER!

but Sava, as i said, i know nothing about ski's or Head in general, maybe i was just unlucky

ATB

Thunderpants

I cant speak for this actual ski, but I have iC300s from the Head range and they are (were till i killed em ;\) excellent on piste. Off piste I couldnt tell too much difference between the im75s and M12 elans when i demoed. On piste they just latch the edge and wont let go...great for medium radius carves. In 170 i had no troubles in bumps.

A lot of instructors had skier cross heads or SLs and loved them...

I cant recall if the 75s had the chip. I only had em for a couple of hrs and I learned a lot that season experience wise (it was Red Mnt) so I'm no guru. It was a really kinda personal choice i think. I just found the monsters were stiffer than the M12s and I think I prefer a softer ski thats easy to turn. The day I demoed we had 20-25 of fresh and we were shall we say being pushed into some off piste beyond our comfort zone...Heaps of people swore by the monsters....im heading towards fat skis this season (as in 85-90 at the waist)

To give u an idea of my skiing level, I like bumps, find no challenges in Aus anymore, Skied double blacks at Red (but spook on steep) and havent had huge experience in powder (damn crap seasons for a decade). Total ski days are around 200 for me over 15 years. I like to turn. I dont do park or pipe (yet..sigh..its going to have to be done)...

The instructors pretty much all had Head skis cause they were cheep cheep (read free). iSL and skier cross were the two lots had. The skiercross i think was popular because it was a new model when they were ordering.

I ended up on the ic300s cause my skis were misbehaving (as in I could just drop the ski off my foot on my pilot 8s when stamping the tail down just standing still. yes...the bindings were all set correctly...the diagnosis was the springs were shot). I outgrew the pilot 8s.

I swapped with the instructors ic300s and bought them off him...he didnt like my pilot 8s ;\) It was the onpiste feel that got me in. I subsequently have learned they are less friendly off piste - no surpises there given the waist)

I am skiing the WC laminate version of the IXRC 1100 in a 170.

They are flat out my favorite ski for hard snow.

They have a very predictable and controlable flex and they grip like crazy. I was at Copper Mt. training from October through November and even in the end of the day ice, they felt like I was in soft snow. They have the stability of a GS ski and they carve down almost as well as my iSLs in a shorter length.

The laminate version is way more hard core than the caps and you can't take them into the bumps, but I have heard good things about the cap versions since they are more versitile.

Feel free to ask me more at

SkierSynergy@hotmail.com