So who all is gonna be there?

i'm looking for a posse patient enought to wait for me while i continually fall snowsk8ing.

EBC, where are you riding, 47? How is the park there now?

AK, Kumapix, can you guys make if for an season ender-bender?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
the pipe is finished at 47.
the tsugaike park is better overall and there's less attitude there too
u reckon? i quite like the atmosphere in the 47 park, pretty chilled.

yeh shame the pipe is done, i was just getting into at the end of the season.

anyway - looking forward to the park sessions next weekend, let's hope for good weather and take some nice food up.

NOOOO stuntcok you missed the snowblade park sessions, that was 2 weeks ago at 47........ were you there??...... i was the girl snaking the blader posse on the kickers and winking at the guy with the radio co-ordinating them.

wicked sounds like we are getting a crew together from some shreddin, BUT....... from now it's all about maxi-shred, you have to haul ass in the park on the biggest skis you can find. trust me, it's a winner..... yesterday TEAM SWEET RIDERS won 2 categorties in the tri modal challenge on happo - 2nd prize for team time, and 1st prize for best costumes.

karey rides the burton fish for team sweet riders

eskimobasecamp_304.jpg

ebc rocks the k2 pontoons for team sweet riders

eskimobasecamp_305.jpg

hey boyz do ya like our kick ass fluro spandex steeez? ;\)

Biggest skis I can find? Anyonwe know where I can get a pair of those nordic ski jumping skis? Seriously, are you using those pontoons in the park? They have seriously thin bases, do you put them on rails?

there's some broken nordic jumping skis scattered around my school, they might do. are u kidding, no i'm not using pontoons in the park - just used them for the tri modal comp, because we were led to believe there would be a pond of water at the bottom of the course.... and i wanted to go water skiing shane mcconkey style.

No, I don't feel like breaking my legs just before golden week on Nordic skis. I think I will bring my regular skis but if we are bringing out the biggest skis possible, just for shits and giggles, I have Prophet 130s in my car.

BTW You can pond skim on regular park skis. We were doing it in high north last year and not one person (out of about 20) fell in. I admit I was on demo Maiden AKs but all the kids were on 80mm waisted skis. One of the coaches even did it switch on some mid fats.

Hope you guys make it out there this weekend and have a good time.

It's been a week since I got back from Hakuba. I was a bit swamped with work when I got back, but now I'm more or less back on track.

I think this trip saw the worst Easter snow conditions for many many years. Sun Alpina and Iwatake were closed as expected. The base areas of Tsugaike, Goryu, 47 and Happo were badly hit by previous rain and the snow bases were left in tatters. In Tsugaike, you could not even ski to the mid-gondola station. 47 and Goryu faired much better and you could ski right down to the bottom there. I attempted doing a "right down to the bottom" ski using two different routes at Happo and in both cases, ended up having to take off my skis at about 100m from the bottom and walk through grass and mud to get to the bottom ski lift. Nevertheless, that was a fun experience.

The snowpark at 47 was quite well-kept though the half-pipe had to be closed in the last few days I was there.

In fact, despite the snow conditions, I had a great week there. The top parts of these resorts were actually quite good and we had some fresh snow for two days. I am also thankful that there were no really windy days while I was there. On one of those days when we had some fresh snow, Fattwins took me back-country hiking-skiing from the top of Tsugaike. That was my first back-country experience and it was really great. I have often asked myself how it can be worthwhile to hike for so many hours just to ski back down in less than half an hour. I guess the secret is that you have to enjoy the hike up as well as the ski down to be a true BC enthusiast. I found out first hand that the hike up, though gruelling, is in fact quite fun.

One reason why I chose Hakuba as my Easter destination was that I won a free Hakuba village lift-ticket from the SJ giveaways. In fact, in the end, they gave me two one-day passes. I made good use of those and have no regrets. I think that Hakuba will always be one of the best choices for Easter skiing because there will always be a lot a skiable terrain in the top parts even quite late in the season. Furthermore, there are many BC opportunities.

Besides, skiing, it was also great to catch up with Fattwins and his wife, BCS (aka EBC), Gamera (the train man), Dave of Evergreen, AK and also to meet TJ OZ for the first time. Hope you guys can squeeze a bit more out of the rest of this season. For me, I have to wait till Christmas again.

glad you had a good trip Markie! We will have to coordinate some plans for next winter...Im thinking of Hokkaido as its been a while...but I love hanging with fattwins/phatluv, and babyphat luv and the entire crew up in Hakuba is da shiznit so lemme know what youre thinking. Think Bushy is up for a hokkers trip too yeah mate?

Right now, I'm already booked on a flight to Hokkaido over Christmas. That might sound crazy, jitsuha, a few friends asked to join my trip last week and when I asked the travel agent to put their names down, the answer was: sorry, the flight is already fully booked! Hookaido is a really popular destination for HK people nowadays, and the ticket is twice the price of what it would cost to Tokyo!

Anyway, we should really work out something for hooking up on the slopes next season.

Also, I just sold off my last "block" of Aussie dollars today (A$10000) as it hit new highs. That should easily cover me for all of the next season, including Tignes with BCS. Really looking for to that and I might even afford to stay in some nice hotels there instead of the usual P & V apartments!