Anyone in the know able to tell me the best place to park the car near Happo? Seems to be difficult to get that close to, so just wondering if there are any options I have missed.

Thanks.

I agree, the carpark at the base of Sakka is closest, and gets quick access up the mountain, but it's a lot smaller than the main carparks on the road up to the ski jumps, and might fill up quickly.

Hey Keba. I still haven't forgotton about your dvd. Just been flat out.

The parking at the base of the Kokusai area is pretty good and you can either take the Kokusai 1 lift or the Sakka 2 then down to the Sakka quad. The ski jump area - Nakiyama usually has plenty of spots. If you want to be close to the gondola there is parking around that will cost you 1000yen but is pretty convenient especially at the moment as it is the only area you can ski down to.

I used to always park at the skijumps but it gets real crowded down at Nakiyama as that's where all the buses drop the guests off. I had to wait an hour to buy lift tix on a powder day over the new year mad.gif

so now I just go to kokusai or sakka

I used to always park at the skijumps but it gets real crowded down at Nakiyama as that's where all the buses drop the guests off. I had to wait an hour to buy lift tix on a powder day over the new year mad.gif

so now I just go to kokusai or sakka

No problem TJ, I've seen first hand what it's like down at the White Horse, I've cut you some slack...

The Sakka lifts are on the far right as you look up the mountain, but if they're shut they're no help. The walk from the ski-jump car parks isn't that bad.