Burton makes the X8, the Aura, and the Avenue boards, also the Serrow boots only sold in Japan. (I guess the X8 will be available all over next year, but this year it's Japan only.)

Also Japan sometimes gets late release graphics that are unique to this country.

Why??

(I can see the graphics as a kind of gimmick, but why sell actual hardgoods only in Japan?)

Do other companies do much of this?

All hats hare marked "F" in Japanese shops except those "Red" padded hats, that carry a warning that they are pretty much useless on impact.

Flux bindings have lots of limited editions for Japan, I actually bought a set but had to return them because they wouldn't fit my boots.

Aside from limited availability of products; there is alot different between what is sold here and in the states. Skis have an entirely different genre entitled "demo". We have demo-team members in the states, but not the skis. Most hard-core skiers in japan are instructor/demo freaks; not pow/freeride freaks.

I can understand teh different graphics being sold here as well... two completely different markets really.

Yep, dofferent markets.

With our surfboards, designs that would sell like hot cakes in OZ and the US didn't and wouldn't sell here at all.

Look at Quiksilvers stuff for Japan, almost only the boardies are the same and the rest is CRaaaap.

Indosnm? You sell Quiksilver? Two of my best Snow Jackets in my life were quiksilver. Japanese popular brands here are just rubbish, anything quiksilver here is just Roxy. I am so pissed at the line of selection for men in Japan even in Quiksilver shops. Is it even licensed in Japan? In Ireland and England everybody wears quiksilver. But here everybody wears kissmark or some equally rubbish brand.

But more tanned Japanese girls wearing Roxy short board pants on kujukuriyama beach is welcome.