• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you disagree with the wearing of helmets, then I would ask you, why DO you wear a seatbelt in the car? (Apart from the law, that is...)

Strangely enough the wearing of seat belts stops people dying of head injuries. Seatbelts cause massive abdominal injuries and chest injuries that often are not fatal.

Of interest- what is the japanese community reaction to a tourist drowning on the gold coast-Is this reported in the japanese press? or kept quiet for the sake of tourism

It's usually reported here when it happens, I don't know if the Japanese keep it quiet for whatever reason...

"Massive?"... I hate that word when it's applied to medical problems. I'd take the closed chest trauma over the head injury any day.

with all the pre-tensing wizzos, head restraint stiffeners, 11 airbags, it would be quite survivable in a car crash. So long as you are not head on with a truck and not drving those mini dinky 670cc things.

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#4:
 Quote:
It seems the skier died of a brain annurism, was most likely dead before he hit the tree.
Apparently, this information is correct. Just been speaking to a reliable contact in Niseko who knows what happened - basically it seems that the incident was not actually due to a skiing accident -- it was something that could have happened at any time.
Brain annurism...wow.They are wicked. My neighbor had one just before Christmas. She is 22. One minute she had a headache, the next minute she collapsed on the floor of the chemist. 20 minutes latter she was being medivaced in a chopper to Sydney for emergency surgery!
She was lucky to have it 'burst' (if that's what they do) in a public place. Two months on, she has made a full recovery.