Thought I'd start a new thread for the tele-heads. What telemark videos do you like, and why?

I'm wondering what the newer Unparalleld vids are like. I get bored watching lots of jib and park stuff, so I'm guessing it's not my style.

I like the Icon series. They aren't actually tele movies as such. They're BC movies with tele skiers, boarders and AT skiers. The teleing is great, but all the riders rock. The Icon series are Japanese vids/DVDs that are fully BC, have a good vibe, and are proffesional (they're up to #4 now). Probably the first ski vid I could sit down and watch. I think they're great.

What do you like? Why?

Haven't seen those but I"ve heard of them. The forst few Unparalleled vids were pretty good but yeah, a little too much park for me. Haven't seen the latest though. I've got a couple local ones (from Colorado where I'm from) but nothing that special. If you find anything else.

In responce to Teledudes signature I am going to repost my old signature

Free your heel

Poke your eyes out

Not being a telemarketer I can't really judge the videos but I saw the first unparalleld and I was not impressed at all. The athletes were not that good. I have seen better telemarkers in normal ski vids and at my local hills back home in Canada.

Yeah, I don't think I saw the first one, I think I have the second and third. Like the backcountry sections but could use less park. And I've also seen many better Telemarkers back home as well, but then, a lot of them are now in the movies too.

I saw the 5 min clip of the new tele vid from Tough Guy Productions on TeleTips (they gave it a pretty huge review) but it looked pretty choppy. It was a bit like watching something your friends filmed and edited (except with amazing skiers and powder). That kind of filming/editing is great if it is your friends, precisely because your friends make it cool and entertaining, but it's not something I would pay Y4,000 for.

I have a dodgey copy of Freetime and Unparalleled 1 on vid. Freetime packs a LOT of instructional tips into it - more of an instructional vid with some good tele footage - but too much info to take in in less than 20 viewings without a lot of practice in between. Unparalleled 1 has an interesting historical bent, but I'm into BC vids that express everything the BC is for me - big lines, friends, hard climbs, great scenery, lots of smiles.

If you're into what I just described (as a skier or boarder), I can't recomend the Icon DVDs enough. Icon 4, for example takes them all over Hokkaido, Hakuba (I think), Alaska, Canada, and Uzbekistan (HUGE). My favourite part of Icon 3 is when they threw their boards and skis into sea kayaks, and paddled around Greenland looking for sick things to schred. BIG lines. Love it. Seeing as they're locally made, you should be able to order them from a shop I imagine.

I was just talking to a guy in some of the Icon DVDs/vids. Great attitude - gave up his job to do the Greenland trip (got it back again), and was raving about a trip to Russia they did a short while ago. Nicest guy.