Quote:
Originally posted by danc72:
You will find that when you hear pro's on dvd's talking about picking their line they are refering to riding backcountry or heli runs where there is no marked trail to follow so beforehand they have to 'pick their line' so they no where they are going and what obstacles are in their way.

If your a newbie riding resorts then your line has been picked for you in the form of a groomed marked trail.

So don't be confused, it is a term you don't need to worry about until you gain more experience and want to veer off the marked trails.
 Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
I usually choose the line that has the least people and will get me on the lift the fastest. At the lodge, I choose the line that has the curry and beer. And when fishing, I usually choose a strong line for catching Bass.

-SJA
thanks for the replies...

actually, i initially assumed a "line" as what was noted in the first quote - but i wasnt really sure, so i posted the question [to the experts]...

however, i think i would relate more to SJA's comment... finding the route with the less crowd, less lift lines, with better snow (ie., not much bumps), etc.

it is just quite strange that i couldnt find much resource on the internet (ie., google) talking about "ski lines." a couple of books (those instructions on bumps, etc.) also delved on it but it was never clearly defined...

The Japanese resorts on weekends tend to be very crowded, so it's best to find an area that is less crowded to practice picking your line and hitting it. If you are a rope ducker than you probably are more worried about hitting a tree than another person. If all else fails, find a good staircase with a few kinks in it and jib all day...

-SJA

Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
The Japanese resorts on weekends tend to be very crowded, so it's best to find an area that is less crowded to practice picking your line and hitting it. If you are a rope ducker than you probably are more worried about hitting a tree than another person. If all else fails, find a good staircase with a few kinks in it and jib all day...

-SJA
wouldnt people in snowploughs be more difficult than stationary trees...

*wink*