I remember last year there were some great specials on their site if you got in say for example this time of year- I've just checked their site - it seems the english site is gone unless I'm going blind- does anyone know if the same or similar prices will exist this season- thanks in advance

It's not. Seriously I was really pissed last season when I went. It was literally half closed - and it was 3 weeks after the mad snow sometime in Feb. It didn't keep me interested for half a day.

I can think of a few waaaay better places in the area - Ishiuchi, Kagura / Naeba to name but a few.

thanks gents- a lot of it looks good-still not sure though- also they have a nightta too so it seems- appreciate the comments- the reason I was keen is last year it seemed they were really trying to push towards the foreign market as well- some of the photos sure look nice

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
And it's not that big to begin with (medium sized by Japanese standards?), a season pass in nearby Naeba-Kagura resort is probably money better spent. (Not sure how much more it'll cost though :p )
I think season pass for Kagura/mitsumata/tashiro is 70,000 (and you still have to pay for the bloody parking at mitsumata). 80,000 if you get the full mountain pass that includes Naeba.

I have decided not to get the pass and keep my freedom.