kumapix, I've followed your post in the past, and it looks like you know your stuff about snowboarding gear,so sorry if I ask too much but... when I store my board at home is it best to leave it always inside the bag, or it doesn't make any difference? And also I recently bought a new snowboard and I don't think I will be able to ride it until mid-december, with some luck maybe 1st december, do you think I should wax the edges/paint them with a marker to protect them from getting rusty or it doesn't make a difference such a short time? Thanks

Like kumapix said wax em at the end of the season works fine. If you have skis its also a good idea to back your spring tension on the bindings off. Just remember to record you din setting.

Coldcat most new skis/boards come with a thin layer of wax from the factory I would not worry about the edges rusting between now and December.

cc, I have had my edges go rusty in the past (cos I'm the lazy type that can't be arsed doing it all properly), but even without any maintenance it won't get too bad unless you have a board made of cheap materials. I know it's not really ideal, but it won't make a noticeable difference so don't worry about it too much. (not that it isn't better to avoid and deal with it)

sandpaper or a file. or you can spend a mint on a special board edge sharpener (a right-angled contraption).

I don't think keeping in the bag changes much. If you get some rust buildup just gently file it off. It's really no big deal. I said wax the edges but usually I only do the bottom side and don't bother with the side side (understand?). the wax comes off when you scrape the board. it will come off when you're riding anyways. it won't make you lose an edge or nothing lol.gif

I highly doubt you will get rust buildup on a new board before you use it. Just make sure you wipe the edges down with a towel/rag after you ride.

Get yourself a Gummy Stone. These work real well in cleaning rust off edges and polishing them. Its a cross between an eraser and a soft polishing stone It looks like a coarse eraser. Don't use Sand Paper on your edges it will only dull them.

Tips for rust free edges.

1. When you get through riding at the end of the day use a brush( I use my brush i use on the wind shield)to get all the heavy snow build up off. Then take an old towel and dry off your board.

2. If at all possible travel with your board in side you car. If you must use ski racks put your skis inside a bag. If that not possible when you get home rinse off your board and then dry it. ROAD SALT KILLS eek.gif

3. Store your board in a dry place. For long term storage wax the bottom and edges. Ptex also oxidizes.