Hirafu (Niseko) to Sapporo Chitose Airport - Transport options?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I've been looking at timetables for trains/busses to the Chitose airport from Niseko.... it looks like the train could be the most reliable for an early flight.

Two of us need to get to Chitose Airport by 10am, for an 11am flight. We are trying to avoid staying in Sapporo, and spending an extra day in Niseko so we can ski/board in the pow!

My idea was :

DEPART Niseko (Train) 6:43am

ARRIVE Sapporo 8:58am (¥2100)

DEPART Sapporo (Train) 9:10am

ARRIVE Chitose Airport 9:46am (¥1040)

Does anyone have experience in getting to Chitose by 10am from Niseko? I thought the train might be better than bus, as there could be delays on the road due to ice/snow/accident/whatever.

I know there are buses direct from Niseko to Chitose (a direct route, not via Sapporo), I got one a couple of years ago, but I was on a later flight, ~1pm. Your hosts in Niseko should know the timetables, I'm sure there would be an early bus to get you there on time. Road delays are not common, the Japanese are very efficient at keeping them open in whatever conditions.

Yeh 10am is a bit early, i had a 11.30am flight and was still sketching it...

Best bet would be to consult your hosts and see whats available when you get there... Play it by ear - if the snow sucks you can leave the night before and hang out in sapporo or otherwise you can always take a private transfer for 20,000Y if it comes to it....

Forget the bus. You ain't gonna make it.

Niseko Hirafu to Chitose Airport

08:00 - 10:50 (Chuo)

09:15 - 12:05 (Donan)

10:00 - 12:50 (Chuo)

11:15 - 14:05 (Donan)

12:30 - 15:20 (Chuo)

14:00 - 16:50 (Donan)

14:30 - 17:20 (Chuo)

16:00 - 18:50 (Chuo)

16:00 - 18:50 (Donan)

If you're staying with an operator, which sounds like you're not, they include transfers. So, the train is the only choice apart from a taxi.