If you can't PM and you have posted more than a few on the Forums, then please let us know about it by sending us an email at editor@snowjapan.com and we will make sure it is turned on for your username. If you don't let us know about a problem, there's nothing we can do about it - we are just an email away. \:\)

Unfortunately, this policy (of PMs not being available immediately) is the only way to get around the problem we were experiencing of an increasing number people/machines registering and then instantly beginning to spam other members through PMs.

Thanks for all the help. Well I havent actually found my apartment yet, or even actually seen Muikamachi with my own eyes for that matter. But from the info. I can gather, it sounds like a rad place to live. My company is currently arranging my apartment so I have no idea what part of town. I think it is somewhere near Muikamachi H.S. I am more concerned about the snow than where I will live. What are the good places to go riding, hows the snow, and is there night skiing nearby? Recommendations on a good place in town to grab a beer?

Hi there

Not sure about "rad place" but I like it! Nearby the best is probably Hakkai-san but then you have Ishiuchi Maruyama and the other Yuzawa resorts about 20-30 minutes drive away. There was lots of snow last year.... check this out:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_section.php?userid=muikabochi&userGallery=63

A bit more than Fukuoka!

Other things might be better to talk about once you're here if you've never even been here yet!