Does anyone know where one can shop for some ski-pants for a 185cm guy in Tokyo? I'm only day-tripping to the slopes this year, and I really don't want to waste precious ski-time shopping. What about a 165cm girl? Somehow I've missed seeing any ski-shops here, and I know they must exist...

-Zekkers

You should access JIMBOCHO area of Tokyo...On the Shinjuku line. You wll definitely find something there. All the good ski shops in Tokyo exist in that area as far as I know. If it isn@t obvious when you exit the station you`ve gone out the wrong exit. Just ask one of the friendly locals to point you in the right direction. I.e towards VICTORIA shop..You can also get there via Ochanomizu station. Enjoy this shopping dream.

Best of luck

boardbaka

I was in that area on Monday - got there by getting off the Chuo line at Ochanomizu station (JR ... had a rail pass) coming out the west exit, then walked south down the hill away from the river. After about 300m I got to a 5 way intersection, which marks the west end of this amazing snowsports shopping strip. About 30 or more stores to choose from.

I am 186cm, 95kgs with a size US 12 - 12.5 shoe. I had a lot of trouble finding size 30 - 30.5 boots (which I was looking for). I got lots of the cross-arm "sold out' lines from staff, amidst giggles at the thought of such a big foot.

I eventually found luck at a Victoria shop (one of them anyway) where a really nice sales assistant found me a pair of Burton Rulers.

I'm sure if you look in each any every shop (don't forget some of the back-alley ones) you'll find the pants you're looking for. But it just may take a while and there won't be a heap to choose from if you've got really long legs.