current skis 179 Seth Pistols ~4230g

updated choices:

'06 186cm-95mm Rossi Scratch BC 45 000 (base durability, weight)

'06 186cm-92mm Dyn. Big Trouble 43 000 (odd flex pattern)

'06 186cm-90mm Head Mojo 90 43 000 (sweet, bit heavy, tad narrow)

'06 188cm-98mm Head Apache Chief 98mm 44 000 heavy!

'06 182cm-97mm Line Mothership Flite 32 000 (same as Karhu Jak BC 180, light 3670g, fat and bit stiffer than SPs)

'05 189cm-95mm K2 Seth Pistol 44 000 ~4500g i'm sure these are a blast though

'05 18?cm-??mm Armada Arv 28 000 (don't know enough)

looks like i'm going to pick up the Lines this Saturday. (i saw three pairs if anyone else

is interested, or any other skis mentioned for that matter)

these should have pretty similar performance to fatsy's earlier model 190cm Jaks and they even have incredibly obnoxious graphics.

176414.jpg

other note, if i'd seen the Mojos earlier, i might have grabbed them instead of the PEs but

i'll be grinning anyway.

last, anyone got a pair of bindings to sell me to put on the seths after i take off the naxos?

** this is the result of shopping and not being able to find/try on touring boots. dammit. **

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just go to FF's and check his skis. should have the same flex, even though these ones're shorter they have a stiffer carbon construction.

if i can i'll try to compare 'em to the scratch since that should be an easy reference to find in the store

you already bought lines so you are stuck with the flex pattern.

soft to medium flex, very forgiving at speed, i use a long length so they do not chatter really.

I have not toured on my big skis i tour on the LBFs. They are a ski that hold on ice well. If i had to choose lbfs or motherships for an ice spring chute id choose lbfs.

picked 'em up \:D

gitmobasetramp, they only had a 162cm in smaller size but i saw a pair of 06 Scratch BCs 172cm for 29 500 and 06 big trouble 176cm for 32 000. The overall flex of the mo'ships, scratches and BTs are very similar but pattern is a bit different. for ref. the pistols are a lot softer when hand flexing.

didn't have time to scope around much this time but things are in full winter swing now.

I don't like forum names, that why I keep changing. I am not the type to have an 'online identity'. Its one of the reasons I basically don't use many forums, because when I go to register I sit there unable to work out what name to use and I end up not registering (db is usually taken). I don't like making up some name that has absolutely no meaning to me like "ripz pow" or some such shit.

db = my initials and often my nickname in real life.

Lesbian.

are you trying to claim you are not that into forums? eek.gif dude you post some great pics and TRs and have a lot of info to contribute, but you definitely have a lot of time on your hands..... to errr post other random shit on forums... no? maybe you are just indecisive? db = deadbeat ??

ps - i like le spud, it gives the forum that much required european flavour, it's exotic. or yes you could call yourself lesbian.