Hi there

Have just joined up and wanted to say hi! Hope you are all well.

I have just been told by the boss by email I have to take xmas and new years period off so I though bugger it and am planning on heading to Japan for 4-5 weeks to go boarding. I am intermediate freerider not into the park but love the mountain. I've not been to Japan prior and just need to sort out where to fly into ASAP so I can get the tickets on freq fliers.

I have done a bit of reading and will go via Tokyo one way but would love some input into the best place to land and perhaps head. I'll be travelling by myself and really just need a warm comfortable place to stay on or near a mountain. Am hoping to experience the culture etc as much as the snow.

Thanks for takintg the time to read and reply to "another newbie" question.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Brit-gob. I like riding all terrain but certainly wouldn't class myself as expert. Spent a season in Steamboat a few years ago and prefered the double blacks but am aware of making the old mistake of confusing my past glories with present abilities \:\)

Christmas and New Year is the same period I'm going, only not for 5 weeks.

I'm headed for Hokkaido, landing in Sapporo. If you're going to use airmiles for the ticket, you're probably already too late for Sapporo, but check it out in case. From Perth, I'd guess your best bet would be into Tokyo and domestic from there.