Trying to plan 2 week trip in Dec, any help appreciated.

No doubt that this is a re-post and you hear this kind of question all the time so apologies.

Um planning a 2 week trip out to Japan early December time. Want to get as much riding done as possible and also want to drown in pow somewhere.

I did a season back in 98-98 in the Miyagi area and worked in a hotel in Matsushima. Had a wicked time and basically got to snowboard everyday, also went out on a few weekend excursions with mates but can't remember where.

Anyway this time round will be probably going solo or maybe taking a mate with me and was just wondering if you had any tips or reccomendations.

Was thinking Hokkaido...but then again Nagano is alot closer. My Japanese geography is shameful so as much advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

Early december is very hit and miss with good powder! There are a few threads regarding this as you said, try searching 'december' in thread titles. Hokkaido would probably have better chances of good powder at that time. Good luck!

Kiroro in Hokkaido is always the best bet for December. They don't even need snow clouds. Once the cold North wind from Russia comes in across the ocean hits the shore, the first obstacle it encounters is the mountain of Kiroro so the wind go up and unloads its cargo of moisture as snow without fail.

The only thing that could get in the way of good powder riding is STRONG winds, but fresh snow can always be relied on.

That said, I'm committed to Hakuba this Christmas having already made a deposit (not only in cash, but skis and boots as well)