Take them where the best snow is....they'll be happy. Tell them have an early night and get up for first lifts. If they complain, put them on the first plane home! Harsh, but they'll thank you at the end of the day.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind haha

Oh and i've been to rusutsu....great resort, but unfortunately no nightlife. A handful of restaurants...but if you're really after bars and restaurants then Niseko is the place for you.

Sure there are a lot of Aussies and some find it flat in places, but there's a lot of variety and a near-guarantee that you'll get some good powder.

I don't like to generalise from my limited experience, janeytee, but you are going to be lucky to find blue skies in Honshu in January. What you will get is clouds and fresh snow.

Would you like more fresh snow on your fresh snow madame? Purleeze. Just a mere 10-70cm.

Don't you get enough sunshine in WA?

Blue skies are so subjective! First time I went to Niseko in Jan '04 it was blue skies virtually the entire 2 weeks! Next year not one glimpse of the sun. After that in Hakuba maybe a couple but generally overcast. It's hit and miss.

good snow > blue skies

good snow > nightlife

Niseko, Hirafu --> Late Dec 05 and early Jan 06, about 3 blue sky days out of 7. That was my experience and no gurantee it will happen again this coming season, but I'll be there again to find out.

Rusutsu --> Just as good snow, some think it's better. Huge hotel/convention centre complex. Favorite destination of pakcage tours. Imagine having breakfast with 2000 others in the same dining hall.