• 2 weeks later...

I have devised a good training schedule. For the benefit of the physical freaks:

Monday night:

- ride 16km to indoor ski slope

- practice skiing for 2 hours

- jog back up the 300m slope rather than use the chair lift

- ride 16km home

Tuesday night:

- short run with sprints.

Wednesday night:

- same as Monday night except hit the kicker and work on my 720.

Thursday night:

- stretching and leg strengthening at home.

Saturday:

- ride to the snow dome again

- spend the day alternating between skiing practice, working on my 720 and using the rather large outdoor climbing wall that they have.

Sunday:

- go for a really long roller blade along the river and look at the endless flow of astoundingly pretty girls that populate this part of Germany (quite serious, they are in plague proportions)

For a few weeks I will be renting skis but once I get mine I will just leave them there in a locker with my snowboard etc. The snow dome shuts at 11pm which is quite helpful for after work efforts. When I get a bit fitter I will run there and back on Saturday. At the moment 32km of running and a full day of ski/720/climbing is a bit much for me. I reckon it will take quite a bit of work before I try running there and back.

check this thing out

http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

> I would love a long stair case, but there isn’t one available.

Building your own out of bricks would strengthen your legs and carrying the hod would improve your balance. And you could set up a little stall at the bottom to sell tickets to exercise people who want to climb your stairs.

...but there isn't anything to even build the steps up to. There isn't even a hill. I don't know how the Dutch live with themselves, it is so flat over there, they should be ashamed.

Imagination failure.

Something like this but in solid brick, and 40 times higher;

stairway%2520to%2520heaven%25203.jpg

Stairclimbing freaks would be lining up to pay to climb them.

Is rollerblading fun? I might have to give it a try.

You know damn well that staircases leading up nothing can only be built in Japan.

With the caveat that the road surface is smooth and free of sticks and gravel, rollerblading is actually a very effortless way to get around flat areas. Sometimes it feels so effortless that I question the exercise value.

Nice workout routine Spud. If ya increase time/distances da 10% rule is a good 'un.

Havent worked out since leaving but walk walk walk walk walk everywhere. Have actually lost a kilo'ish' since being over here. I dont think tuk tuk drivers understand why farang enjoy walking lol.gif

Rollerblading is fun O11. Find it quite effortless as well making it feel like youre not exercising but just having a good time.

Slimy - I ride my mountain bike there and back. It is an easy ride as there isn't one hill.

Riding is a bit of a waste without hills. I pump the peddles for 15km's on flat ground at a pretty constant pace and at the end I am sweating a lot but my legs feel like they have been for nothing more than a slow jog. Aftre the ride I can easily ski a few hours and then ride all the way home. I tend to ride with my hand lightly on the rear wheel brake for some resistance.

Creeky - what is the 10% rule?

I had to drop the 720 aspirations as the kicker is too small and the 'snow' is a few inches deep on frozen hard ice. The kicker is extremely small, not even a kicker really. So my ski practice will consist of technique work on skis and riding switch on my board. No jumping on either.