I'm arriving in Hakuba with a large group from the U.S. Because of luggage restrictions I'm trying to decide whether to rent skis or bring my own. It's been suggested that we rent the skis from our hotel but most of the info we've seen doesn't seem to give a very favorable rating to ski rentals. Any info would be appreciated - whether it's about renting equipment or the snow conditions or your favorite place to ski. Thank you!

dmags29, I agree with quattro.

If your feet were bigger than 30cm (12 inches),

absolutely difficult to find ones for you in Japan. Sometimes I need to call some rental shops which might have some bigger ones for my overnight staying guests.

And additional, I've learned that Japanese feet forms are different from Westerners' which may be another problem - even size does fit, form might not fit.

My convert chart says if it's 30cms on metric, it would be U.S shoes size 9 for men, 11 for women. I am not completely sure because we are always on metric to measure stuff.

So I recommend you to bring your own boots at least. Good luck clap.gif

It might also be hard to find good equipment if that's what your looking for.

Skis are usually quite a bit shorter.

If you have good gear then bring it along. How many pairs of underwear do you really need on an overseas trip

I take it you are coming on the skijapan tour right? rent skis there you can find enough good skis. bring your own boots and think about mid fat ski rentals.

Most of the hotels in hakuba upgraded their ski rentals this year.