I don't doubt it is a great thing ti ride and am happy you are stoked! But I really wonder what input a surfer (who rides a light fibreglass board on a moving energy wave within a body of water) can bring to the design of a wheeled gravity+self propelled wooden flexing board. A surfer might be able to give comment on style and technique (extension and compression, flow and drive). But what design input? "hey, it needs bigger wheels set further back, that way it will perform on a suburban road much more like a surfboard does at J-Bay" Just taking the piss ;\)

You got the big one did you? I got the Stik because here is Japan, not Cali. I had my doubts that Japan has roads wide enough for the Carveboard, unless you take it on the kosoku, which may not end well.

Let us know how it goes.

I picked it up from the website and it cost me $350.00

For a quick update I have not hit any hills yet but the few of us that have messed around with it (including a pretty good surfer) we are all ready to hit the hills. A few other people are going to get one. The turns that you can make on it are not just for the commercials. This thing has a great feel to it or at least as close as you can get to snowboarding on a road.

The Harb Carvers look better to practice the initiation and transition of skis to carve, while the Street Ski seems to be like a longer inline skate. There are other variations of the long inline skate.

OK dyna8800, I hear you. Now it's gonna be even harder to choose. The street skis look more cool and even have ski-type bindings. The harbs are cheaper and seem to be designed for learning and training. My main concern, apart from safety, is just "which are more fun to clown around with?".

haven't tried either.

dyna8800, you could say the harb is just a rigid, ski boot version of the classic roller skate \:\)

i think i'd prefer a longer base for stability and flex.

ideally you could combine both, double wheeled for edge transition and long flexing base. now where's my napkin

Man, on the street they should at least admit they're on fun skis and leave the sticks in the garage!

The big advantage of the Carveboard and Stik is that they're not meant for speed, hence they're a lot safer than skateboards in theory, and are easy to stop - a non-trivial matter on tarmac. I wonder how those road skis would handle abrupt stopping...?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
I wonder how those road skis would handle abrupt stopping...?
That reminded me of how Fred Flintstone used to brake hard on his car....with his BARE FEET! Ouch!

I remember you posted a pic of yourself on one of those carve-boards, didn't you? Was it fun?