if you are an aussie, if you like aussies, or if you just like any excuse for a bbq/pi$$-up, i heard there is an australia day party at Tracks Bar, in Hakuba, on the 26th of January, Australia Day.

It starts at 7pm, & its 1000 yen for bbq with beer apparently. Sounds like fun, wish i was going to be there, but we dont arrive until the 11th of feb.

So if you go, sing a few bars of waltzing matilda for me \:\)

Yeah, that'd be cool if we could go for a ski \:\) hope the recovery goes swiftly!

I want to have a go of FT's spats, but I have a feeling his bindings wont fit my boots.. ah well, had a day on them in Niseko last year.

I don't think I have ever celebrated Australia day, particularly not since leaving the country (aussie get togethers are a little overpowering for me), but this tv ad for the Australian lamb industry pepped me up a bit. Its the best piss take I have seen in a long time (helps to know some Australian 2005 current affairs to make sense of some of the lines)

http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=17885&sy=sm...ate=263&flash=1

Either way mate, have fun at your party \:\) and don't hold out for lamb on Oz day in Japan.... it smells.