Hi all

Have some questions about snowboard boots and how they should fit. Have just bought my first pair which came with a beginner's board/bindings/boots set. I have used them twice now and have found that my heals tends to be loose but my toes are touching at the other end. I got boots that were a cm bigger than my usual shoes. I'm not sure whether they just need to be broken in, are too small and I need to go bigger or I just got a crappy pair of boots. Any suggestions??

Hi Happycat,

It's not good if your heels move around in the boots as it becomes difficult to initiate your toe side turns due to your heels lifting.

The fit should be snug to tight all around your foot as the liner will pack out as you use the boots ensuring a comfortable fit.

If you talk to a good boot fitter or sales person they may have some suggestions about how to reduce the amount of heel movement.

Like others have mentioned, your heel should not pop up too much. Your toes touching is normal, untill you break in your boots. If you tighten all the lace and your heel still can move up freely, then the boots are too big, if you can't return the boots to the stores, then wear an extra pair of socks. That'll help with keeping your heel down more, till you get a new pair of boots.