Hey guys,

A friend an I are booked in for two weeks riding in Furano. I've checked out the site and got some good info, was just wondering if you have any recommendations on favourite runs, places to eat, things to do?

How much effort would it be to check out 1-2 of the nearby resorts during our two weeks? We thought about an overnight trip to Niseko to see exactly how commercial it is \:D

If anyone's keen to meet up for some runs that'd be cool too.

Thanks for your help,

Andy

Just for information. Niseko is the biggest resort, terrain wise, in Hokkaido and is worth checking out. But you might also want to consider trying out Tomamu and Sahoro which are quite close to Furano, just for variety. Both of them are fairly small though and the only reason I suggested them is because the are in the Furano area.

Quote:
Originally posted by halfmachine:
I will be in Furano late jan/early feb.......what are your dates?
We'll be there from the 14th to about the 27th, can't wait. If you're going to be around then send me an email as I don't think I have PM priveliges on here.

Can anyone confirm/deny that ski patrol are a fair bit more strict than other resorts?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to cause a ruckus and I ride with respect. However, being reprimanded for riding 1-2 metres off-piste when there are no barriers seems a little harsh (I've heard some stories)

Quote:
Originally posted by SlashThePow:
 Quote:
Originally posted by halfmachine:
I will be in Furano late jan/early feb.......what are your dates?
We'll be there from the 14th to about the 27th, can't wait. If you're going to be around then send me an email as I don't think I have PM priveliges on here.
Bummer....dates are off unfortunately. I will be arriving 27th.

Bugger, that's our last day up the hill. No probs, it'll be good to compare notes afterwards. Where are you staying? We're at the North Country.

Has anyone heard if the pipe is up and running yet? The official website says it will be available all season, but I haven't heard anything about it...