Hi all of help!!

After spending countless amounts of hours trying to find or translate the best possible way to a decent resort in Niigata, the only option left is to ask fellow snow enthusiasts.

Does anyone know of packages from Tokyo to either Kagura or Iwappara (incl travel/lift/accomodation if possible) for 2 days. The only other option is to try our luck at a day trip to Gala which i am not too fond of.

Obviously the cheaper the better.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

• SnowJapan Admin

We're presuming that there was some problem with your connection and that is the reason why you posted 6 times without knowing?

(If that isn't the case, we'd appreciate it if you didn't post the same thing multiple times on the forums. Thanks.)

Sorry,

There must be something wrong with my connection. As far as i am aware i have only posted once. Sorry all.

fb_steve, i see that you are from Melbourne. I have been here for 5 weeks (from Melbourne) and looking for snow. What resort do you recommend and how does Gala rate against Hotham or is there no comparison.

If you are only by yourself and plan to stay one night at yuzawa you should better stay away from the fixed packages. Most of them dont have as an option 1 person/room and if they do are too expensive. Your best chance is to get a shinkansen return ticket from the JR byu-plaza, (9000 yen student, 10700 normal) go to yuzawa and ask at the station for a place to stay. Yusually you will be able to find places for less than 5000 yen per/night to stay by yourself.