Does anyone think its possible to arrive into Nagano station at 20:24 (Shinkansen #561) via Tokyo and still make the last Hakuba bus at 20:35? I am curious if its possible given that there is only a 10 minute difference between the two and i will still have to buy the bus ticket once I arrive at Nagano.

Thanks.

You shouldnt have any problem. Its only a short walk from the station to the bus stop (from memory bus stop # 5 or 6) There will probably be people queueing for the bus anyway with ppl from the bus company selling tix anyway.

when u heading up?? we're up there this weekend and a few of our lads are planning on taking that bus I think.

When you get off the train and pass the stalls turn left and go outside and down the escalator and then left again down the steps. Walk straight ahead to the last bus stop(as LB said) no.5 or 6. You can pay for your ticket when you get off at Hakuba. Make sure you have correct change, 1300yen I think.

There is usually a station hand who will help you at the bus if you are confused. As long as you say Ha-Koo-Baa he should be able to help.

Depends on where you`re staying as well as to the best place to get off. We were staying at Sun Valley Hotel (cheap as chips and right next to the lifts, but not a lot else around there) and our bus stop was goyru. We`re at the Backpackers this week so i think that`s Goryu as well.

Check with ur hotel and they might be able to come and pick you up to save you the walk...

from memory I think we paid 1400Y one way for our tix .....