Hi am trying to decide whether to hire a board in japan or buy one?

Any idea how much snowboard rental is per day in japan on average?

Are snowboard rental shops well stocked in general in terms of sizes etc. as my feet are bigger than the average japanese persons?

Forgot to say that some recycle shops sell some pretty good used snowboard equipment for really cheap. I bought my 154 litovaara rossignol for only 1500 yen at a recycle shop in Chiba! It was a little old and rusty around the sidewalls, but with some tuning and a good wax job, I had myself a great snowboard for real cheap!

I bought a used Nidecker board from a HardOff for under $100. I had to dump the bindings though, as they were complete trash. It was an okay place.

Now towards Machida, there's a B-Sports. They have a real nice selection of boards, bindings, and boots. They also sell some of this years clothing on the cheap. I'm uncertain how they are doing it.

I bought a 2006 Burton Ronin jacket for 15,000 yen. They also had my 2006 Burton vent pants in black for 15,000 yen. Sucked too, cause I bought my 06 Burton vent pants from Alpen sports for 25,000 yen.

I'd say, yes for some of them. But the clothing was brand new. It still had the bandana, tags, etc. All I can think is,"It fell off the back of a truck" special.

Some of the other stuff was near new. Like used once, but the person wasn't willing to continue to learn.

I wish someone would buy an 2006 Burton Custom X 152 board, used it once, and pawn it off at a HardOff. Any savings off an 88,000 yen board is good.

Some sport shops now are having really good deals on whole sets. The Super Sports Xebio chain has entire board + bindings + boots deals starting at around 20,000. Some deals on their high-end equipment start at around 30,000-40,000.

I think Sports Authority sells snowboard sets for about 20% off.