nozawa and hakuba both have about the same amount of snow presently, much more is expected in both regions in the next 6days so I think you should be right at both areas.

having said that I'm a Nozawa man myself, I have spent 3 days so far this season at Nozawa and although it is only the Yamabiko and Uenodaira areas, that itself is quite big and has lots of variety of terrain. also to date it has been very quiet so you basically have the place to yourself. I anticipate that a majority of nozawa's terrain will be open by the 19th even if we recieve only half the snow that they are forecasting.

I had a big typo in my post.

I=they whoops

Happo to the bottom of the skyline or noz Yamabiko and Uenodaira areas I take Happo. Im a big fan of nozawa but it is no contest early season really, in my mind. There are other things to consider though like what you want after sking? those could sway you either way.

whichever it will be fun

right on, thanks for the info, anyone know of a good place to stay in happo? i was thinkin hakuba springs, hakuba hotel or high mount hakuba, im goin with the girl so it needs to be pretty close to the lift. anyone know if the the beer garden in hakuba springs is good as they advertise it to be?thanks