Sanno, Goryu has 2 nurseries. 1 is in a gondola bottom station and the other is in Iimori area.

Happo also has one named Yukidaruma(snowman) but they don't have staffs at all, it's like a kid's space with adults.

Iwatake also has one.

Thanks Sava, never gave google a thought.

Thanks Gamera. I would prefer a on site nursery where we can pick her p whenever we feel like. Probably have to make a reservation for this.

I will have a look at both.

Sanno maybe no one would be on the phone if you call them now. Probably after the ski slope get in business. If it's busy time, yes you had better book some beforehand.

If I remember correctly, 4,000 yen for a kid for an entire day - 2 hours in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. You have to pick your kids for lunch.

Good tip from Gamera there Sanno. The Goryu bottom station kids entertainment area always seems to be well staffed and they have shows for the kids in the weekend. I guess this is the nursery Gamera is talking about and it would be fine for toddlers up if they're used to daycare.

Last time I checked it out they had a professional performer doing a show with the balloons and stuff. The kids were loving it and my first thought was that it would give me some ammunition when I'm arguing the merits of family trips to Hakuba. If you find out any info on the costs and other details please post it up here.

hi sanno,

i did some private babysitting last year at happo, generally in the hotel rooms but also spent time playing outside, & in the kids playroom at goryu. this was handy as i hung out with an infant while her parents skiied, then they came back to have lunch together, etc.

i was being paid 1500 per hour, i think that was the going rate for an english-speaking babysitter at the time. not sure who will be around this year, though. did you want them english speaking?

Thanks that's really useful. We don't necessarily need an English speaking babysitter. The only thing is that it would be easier to communicate with the babysitter for us, but we manage.

How did they book you, via an agency or did the hotel made the arrangements?