Wondering what is the opinion of people on this forum with regards to the usage of these especially in the BC. I saw some forum members use them and it seems pretty good/useful.

Also, what brands/prices are out there and what are the differences from a technical standpoint (frequencies, range, etc...)?

For those people using them, what brand are you using and what do you think are the pros / cons?

thanks.

I bought a pair of cobra PR400WX's from ebay prob cost me about 7000 with shipping, they work like a charm but I'm yet to test them at the snow, not too big and I think they pump out 5 watts.

My buying advice is to use ebay, but be careful with shipping because most places over charge, as as rule of thumb I don't pay anymore than $20US for shipping from America. walkie talkies are expensive in Japan.

The little ones that everybody uses get annoying around the resort cause they are so noisy

But once you get away from people they should be good

I can think of one occasion in the tateyama area where I didn't have mine on and FT wanted to yell at me because he didn't know where I was

Tats has a good one that I think I can get in a year or 2. most cheap ones will work in the bc. not good on the resort but good for filming and being quiet. Good for informing people when you are in a safe zone if they cannot see you.

Thanks for the info guys. I will take a look. All the different frequencies and stuff, looks quite technical. I am affraid that if order stuff from the net overseas it will not work in Japan. Will have to do my homwork with regards to the Japanese frequencies.

Montoya, the VX-2 looks pretty neat and tiny, I like it.

Just realized many new posts today, easy for less read threads to roll down to the 2nd page. Good to see the pace picking up.