Hi Guys,

Instead of my usual trip to the alps this year i'm thinking giving Japan a try.

How much are flights from the UK, when does the season start, how much do the lifts cost and which are the best resorts, i'm an intermediate skier on a tight budget. Not much to ask i know :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by dandanino:
How much are flights from the UK
Try Korean airline, Singapore airline, Thai, Garuda, Indian, Pakistani airlines etc instead of JAL, BA, Lufthanza, AirFrance,KLM,Alitalia etc.

Quote:
when does the season start
You could say December, it all depends on snow.

Quote:
how much do the lifts cost and which are the best resorts
Try
http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/index.html

Quote:
i'm an intermediate skier on a tight budget. Not much to ask i know :-)
Make an igloo in my garden to help me to remove snow :-)

wave.gif

I recently booked a flight with AirItalia.

They made me book a return despite me not wanting to set a return date mad.gif , so I had to get a flexible ticket that allows you to change the return date while your out there for an extra £50. In all I think the cost of the ticket was £680 and thats with me leaving mid December.

dandanino, major ski&sb regions are Chubu, Tohoku, and Hokkaido in Japan. You may fly to Narita international a/p.

For Hokkaido, you may fly to Shin-Chitose a/p or Asahikawa a/p from Narita a/p or Haneda domestic a/p. Niseko ski resort, a famous one can be accessed by bus from Shin-Chitose a/p.

You may go to Chubu and Tohoku by train or bus from Tokyo where Tokyo downtown is one hour and some from Narita a/p by train/bus. Hakuba ski resort, this web site would be located, is a fomous one in Chubu.

At local areas, they hardly can catch your UK English speaking, but may write/read basic English. (American English is popular in Japan.)

SnowConnection provides Japan travel info to "backpacker" type ski&snowboarders from overseas. Please free to PM for more info.