OK

Im going to go to Japan Jan 2006, Ive been reading your forums and most of you know whats going on.

So my question is where is the best place to go?

Im an advanced snow-boarder. Any advice you guys can give like where to stay, what accomodation is cheap and good, but mainly what resort or area.

Thanks in advance.

clap.gif

I see you're from Oz - a lot of Aussies head up to the Hokkaido areas as there is some amazing pow up there, for example Niskeo.

Also worth checking out the Nagano Resorts.

You can look all this info up on this site, just go to "search by prefecture" and you'll find all the info there.

Thanks for your replys guys.

As far as my budget..hmm tricky question Im not poor but Im further away from being rich so somewhere above a youth hostel \:\)

Im looking at Hakuba, which if im not mistaken is Nagano. Also I think this is easy to get too, correct me if Im wrong. If all the aussies go to Hokkaido areas then Im staying away from there \:\) just sucks travelling to other side of world to hang with aussies thats all.

I think Hakuba is easy to come. Only 1 change at Shinjuku if you try a Narita express from Narita air port to Shinjuku then express bus or JR Azusa or Super-Azusa which bounds for Hakuba.

If your budget were above a youth hostel, you could have choices.

G'day mate!

wave.gif

Perhaps it also depends on what you expect?

If you would like to go as cheap as possible, backpackers and youth hostels are the best choice. If you would expect some moderate, cozy and friendly atomospher maybe minshuku, pensions are your choice. If you would expect some affordable service with some traditional stuff, maybe ryokans are your choice. And if you expect luxery service, perhaps hotels are best fit.

LOL soubriquet, did I irritate you?

Tireless,

It's probably easier if you decide which resort you are going to be mostly at and then find accommodation near there. Theres plenty of accommodation of all types at the bottom of each resort.

soubriquet is right. If you are planning to be mostly at Goryu or 47 then Gamera's place may be the best bet.

are you traveling by yourself?

what do you want to pay per nite?

we can give more details if we know

something like that. Japanese or western

beds and feel?

happo or 47 which base do you want to be at?

will you have access to a car?

are you traveling by yourself? nah with my missus

what do you want to pay per nite? 50-100 bucks

we can give more details if we know

something like that. Japanese or western

beds and feel? prob japenese for experiance

happo or 47 which base do you want to be at? whats better?/

will you have access to a car? if u reckon having a car will improve the experiance.