A question to the season "stretchers" out there.......

It is of course quite a while off yet but reading how Toque and others have stretched the season way beyond what most people seem to, I'm totally stoked about trying to do the same myself next season.

So for those of you stretchers out there, what are you planning for really early on next winter? And when might that be?

My first day last year was in mid November at a Takasu hill skiing man-made snow. It was expensive and busy.

But I think the first powder skiing will be in the Tateyama area just before it closes in late November.

There was skiable snow on the mountains south of Tateyama in mid October. If somebody twists my arm I could be coaxed into hiking somewhere to get 2 or 3 turns.

This is Yakushi in the North Alps. There was skiable snow coming down that ridge. It was the starting of a cornice. Maybe 100m vert for 5-6 hours hiking.

blpic41153.jpg

I wouldn't really call myself a season stretcher

More "A season take advantage of er"

I'm not stretching out the winter season as I havn't skied powder since late April.

I'm really enjoying the spring season.

Youre also really lucky to live where you do. Itd be nice to be closer to snow where a 2-3 hour drive would have you within hiking distance.

Jealous mate, but enjoy reading all your posts/journal. Ya gonna come back ta Kansai anytime bubbles?

I'll be the first to say how lucky I am. Could have ended up in Okinawa thumbsdown.gif

I'm thinking about coming down your way sometime soon. Maybe in the summer. Somebody has to show you guys how to party.

Mine is November so we will have to do a Tateyama trip that weekend - although I might be meeting my pops in Hong Kong (slight chance).

Ill be outta here from the 6-19 of August cuz of my trip but after or before, lets Pa-Te!