Check out Spicy Rentals, they even deliver to your hotel and pick-up after you're finished.

www.spicy.co.jp/english

There is also Village Box, opposite the Happo-One Gondola tel.no. 0261-725035

And there are actually quite a lot more! I didn't rent anything so I really don't know which one is the best in terms or quality or price or anything. I just know the above two are pretty well known.

I agree with snowglider on that one (Spicy = crappy boards) ... but then again, they were the only place around that had size 31 boots .... it was just unfortunate the widest board they had was about 25cm at the waist (serious toe drag).

NOTE: I was told that Spicy don't deliver to Hotels that provide their own rental ... since the Hotels don't like to see people specifically not using their gear.

Yeah, size does matter \:D

especially if it's bigger than 30cms as voidhawk says. And the feet form as well.

I hear Japanese ppl have different feet form from i.e. Westerners so even if size fits, sometimes the form doesn't.

So if it's possible for you to have your gear with you, it's the best solution, maXXX

Probably it's damn hell when your shoes don't fit your feet \:\( Pain as hell! " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I've heard this stuff about Japanese people having different feet. All I know is, my father's mold-fitted 20-year-old Lange ski boots tortured my feet for a whole agonizing day a few years back when i tried using them. never again!

Made me think, if my dad's got different feet from me, then it seems that feet are one of things that varies from foot to foot, literally.

My feet aren't huge (US10) anyway, so I might just ease the pain of rental boots by using fat socks.

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
U.S.10? Pretty huge if it's for men. It's like 31cms on metric by my convert chart.
US 10 = 28cm in Nike sports shoes = 26-27cm in mens dress shoes in Japan.
Sizes really are so inconsistent
wakaranai.gif