What are your favorite Japanese ski experiences so far? I have only been here for one season but the top three for me are:

1. First time skiing in Japan December 22-23 up at Happo-One. Snowed about 40cm+ and it was amazing and so different at the same time.

2. Skiing from the top of Mt. Fuji in June. Totally bluebird day on the rooftop of Japan.

3. Skiing up at Mt. Tateyama and the Marudo Plateua in early June. Incredible adventure that I highly recommend.

I am already earerly awaiting the upcoming season. Got the first ski magazine in the mail the other day....

Just an amazing day at Happo is the fave memory at the moment - mixing the snow, weather, my body condition, and company. Perfect.

It's on its way now.

Davo, you miscounted:

mid-Aug, Sep, Oct, mid-Nov if we're lucky.

That's only 3 months!

My fav memory is of going up to the top of a skijo for the first time, at Ryuo. There had been heaps of snow, but the skies were crystal clear. The trees were all snow monsters, but you could see for miles in all directions, and everywhere was white as far as the eye could see. As a bonus, I saw some kamoshika from the cable car. There was a moment of realization that my love of snow, dormant since my teens, was still very much alive.

Kamoshika?

Them's Japanese serows as I believe they're translated. A kind of mountain goat. I expect you've probably seen them somewhere. Mistaken for bears by those with vivid imaginations, apparently.

Mine is less place and more people and the whole package. Probably meeting some new Japanese people on the hills who became really good friends.

• 2 weeks later...