Hi! I'm new here. I have skied for ages and the last few years taken up snowboarding. My biggest choice each time I go out is - which to do? I love them both. Just wondering - for all those others out there who ski and snowboard - how do you choose on a particular day which to do?

Thanks and looking forward to my first Japan winter!

Madge

My dad put me on skis when I was three, so I grew up on it. Ten years ago I went out and bought all new ski equipment. Spent a fortune. The first day up with new gear I noticed a snowboarder who did the most gracefull trick and decided I needed to try it. Luckily it was my birthday and my girlfriend bought me a board. I never used skis again and two years later quit my full time job so I could ride every day. Snowboarding makes my blood boil with tingling excitement. The only thing skiing ever did for me was get me to church (the Mt.) I know many skiers that feel the same about skiing for them so don't think I am knocking skiing. After all we are all just sliding down the mountain on sticks! You just have to figure out which stick allows you to express yourself the best.