Hey guys: hope you're all hangin' loose

I need some tips, 'cos I'm new to all this.

Can anyone recommend a good ski/board resort within reasonable distance of Osaka in December? I'm hoping to spend new year's eve having some serious fun in the snow:

Any ideas?

If you want fast easy access hop on the Jr kosei line in shiga and there are a couple on that strech. Biwako Valley is maybe the best of the lot it is quite crowded but if the snow is good there are a few short tree runs. they say there is a pipe but its done by hand. usally one monster kicker. if you have a car shiga oku ibuki not bad you can do some short touring there too.

Gifu you can take the bus tolots of these places Takasu Dynaland are accessed easily go to Alpen and you can book the bus there. If you drive Sat and Sun leave early like 230 or the traffic is at least 3 hours for 15 kms. they are making the road better maybe in 2 years it will be finished.

Alos wings for boarding.

Nagano again take the bus lots of cheap places to stay from 1200 yen to 4000 a night if you know where to look but you need at least 2 days there.

Fukui havent skied there dont like the traffic up that high but it gets lots of snow but BC is a little dangerous cause of rapidly changing temps.

need more info email i live in kyoto.