More to the point, it is "what will we eat in Tokyo". The range is enormous and a lot of it is bloody excellent food. This city really has its sh*t together when it comes to the eating experience.

On sights to see, that really depends on what you like.... ancient things, historical things, modern things, crowded things, tourist things, trendy things, quiet things etc...

The following two ideas are not meant to be the best spots in Tokyo, but a visit to both will give you a feel for two distinct 'flavours' that the city has. They are Asakusa and Shinjuku.

ah food....

do u think its a good for a Vego? who dosent really like rice!?!?!?!?!?!

mmm....

i wanna c trendy places like an ASTRO BOY shop! nar really things are different and beautiful things you would see in anyother country....

ta deebee.

You could spend a good day doing trendy things if you get off the train in Harajuku, walk around there for a few hours then walk down to Shibuya and spend a few hours there. I did it on crutches so it can't be that long of a walk even if it is a couple stops down.

As for food..ha! Have fun. I had a great time because I love Japanese food (even though I don't eat beef or pork). But if you are a vegetarian you will be struggling. Especially if you don't eat seafood.

I knew a little Japanese at the time but not really enough to hold a conversation. The friend I was with was fluent on the other hand...which made it easy. Strangers won't want to talk to you anyway. Everyone was very polite to me and I didn't really have trouble getting my point across like I did in Germany.

Have fun! It's a great city!

Awsome ta dude.

Yeah im not sure what im going to do with food i dont eat any meat not even seafood (especially not seafood!)

i reckon i might have to eat chicken when we go over just to stable out the diet!

mmm....!??!

ta!

well...you really need to be careful when you eat out then...

you can ask for a vegetable dish, and there will still be meat in it...food cooked in meat broth (pork, chicken , fish, whatever) is common... so that bowl of noodles piled high with veggies may look like a nice treat, but it is cooked with pork galore...

no fish?? well...its to bad, you will be missing out on some wonderful cuisine...

danz

ah i c what ya getting at danz.

im fine with what things have been cooked in im a very strange vego....!

mmm.... i learnt how to say im a vego in japanese the other day i cant remember it for the like of me.... but that could help me hey??

Ta dude

Woh, sfg ... you will be missing out on some awesome jap food if you dont eat meat or seafood. No yakiniku, no sushi or sashimi, no tempura, what is left? If you feel like converting there is an awesome tempura place at shinjuku. South exit of the station... go down the big escalators and head up to the left past the big GAP shop. Lunch is cheaper and some of the best tempura I have ever had. I think the place is really old and famous because I got taken there twice by two different japanese friends. It goes off!

It eat vego tempura!

if they dont have that then i stuffed!

i live on vego spring rolls (dont know it thats japanese of chinese origin?)

and vego tempura. Ummo...

mmm.... i might convert for 2 weeks!?

sushi with vegies in it or avacado?

im not to fond of sushi the whole seaweed and rice this makes me squarm, but i will try it when we arrive... 11th jan! YAY!

on 95 days to go!