Ski instructors? Anyone done it in Japan?

I have looked back a little way and can't see this topic.

Anyone have experience or opinions to share on working teaching skiing in Japan?

I've missed the boat for my work visa for the US this year and so am looking further afield.

Do they ever sponsor qualified people, or do you have to have the holiday working visa (I'm too old!). \:\(

gidday ant, hows tricks then?

me thinks your gunna strugle to get a job teaching here. mainly due to tha language thing. and from my experience, there isn`t enough demand to warrant the mt.`s putting on only english speaking staff.

btw, where didjya teach in oz?

i taught at bulla before i came ova ere.

Yeah, I'm getting that impression too! Fair enough, really. I learned conversational Japanese in 83, but lost it just as quickly!

Buller eh? Nice hill, how did you find it?

I was at CP...we got a lot of excellent snow.

yo, antman, not sayin this just cos i`m biased or anyfin, but i rekon bulla rates up there with tha best of `em. on its day mind you! when tha hole mountin is covered, it has some of tha greatest terrain of anywhere. i`av had some epic days there ova tha years.

only trouble is, and im sure youre wella wear of this, is that `on its day` dont happen too often.

i`d rate it as a great overall FUN mountain. :p

wots tha `pass` like then mate? ive nevva managed to make it north of tha borda for tha white stuff! \:\(

The pass: very small! Very high and it's deeper into the main range than any other hill, so it gets more snow and better quality. Never experienced rain until late August this year.

But, the runs are very short, the terrain is not challening at all, although you can find a little bit of everything. Its strength is it is never crowded, access to the resort is limited by number of seats in teh snowcats, which are the only access to the resort.

The village is small and compact, with The Chalet as the focal point.

Incredibly safe for kids, they can go off and do what kids do without supervision. This meant groups of 4 year olds going around adult-less!

Great place for "getting away" from normal life.