Quick Poll : Best snow and worst snow experiences

I wonder if this thread will take off or not. Anyway, here goes. Was wondering the best and the worst snow you've encountered at Japanese resorts. I'll start off.

Best : Niseko, amazing powder

Worst : Marunuma Kogen, early last season.....terrible!

Best:

A Tuesday morning at Tashiro in Yuzawa last season. About 50cm of snow overnight, amazing conditions, no people. Just perfect.

Worst:

Karuizawa Prince Hotel in December last season. It was the pits. Slushy horrible stuff. Won't forget that too quickly!

Best: Hakuba on many days last season. Especially during the all-day blizzards.

Worst: Mid-april 2000 at Kiroro. Nice conditions on the first, bright day followed by an overnight freezing that blanketed the hill with ice. Only the steeper runs off the top were open, so hard work for a snowboarding beginner. The only good thing was that the ice made the l-o-n-g flats at the bottom easier to traverse.

Despite its southerly location, Karuizawa opens very early (dec 1 this season !) with manmade. Obviously it doesn't say that in the reports, but if there's no snow at Nozawa/Shiga/Hakuba etc. nowhere in central Honshu's going to be very good.

Best : last year at the top of Nozawa, beautiful wide open tree run, snow upto my ears.

Worst : same day at Nozawa, a buddy and I slipped off the side of the Skyline course in search of more tree runs and deep powder. Unfortunately, we got both. Unfortunate because once we got down to the the bottom of the valley we found it was absolutely flat and covered in trees, resulting in a 1 and half hour walk for 2 k's through snow upto my ballbag. That'll teach me!!!

Hey snapper,

There are some off-piste places near the Skyline that are prone to avalanches - indeed, there are avalanche barriers around there. Just a word of caution...

Off to Nozawa tomorrow, Allah akhbah.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the avalanche barriers Ocean's talking about the hard way, I almost went over one on my first descent. They're almost impossible to see on the way down if you don't know the area. Awesome run though.