So I have been hearing alot of talk about el Nino and the crap winter we are spozed to have, but I have heard some anectotal (not scientific) evidence to the contrary as well, so this is my case for a nice cold snowy winter.

We`ve seen the pics here on the forum for snow high up in the mountains, and my question is "Is that common in mid-late October ?"

Additionally, back home in Wisconsin and in nearby Minnesota, they have been getting hammered with snow and these are places that usually get their first snowfalls in early-mid December. I checked weather.com for vail, CO and it says snow for a week, so do other parts of Colorado. Couldn`t find snow forecasted in Japan, but then again, they don`t have high elevation weather reports for Japan on weather.com

In any case, it seems that some parts of the world that are equivalent to Japan`s latitude, are getting hit with early snowfalls and colder than average temperatures, and late last winter - early spring was so hot and just terrible on the slopes. So it seems to me that el Nino may have come and gone already and that we should have a great season.

Or at least that`s what I hope