deebee,

I did not do a season with flow bindings but I taught a season alongside an instructor who had them fitted and he was forever having problems with softness, looseness and comfort etc.

In addition to this personal experience, my advice was also based upon the advice of numerous shop riders and a couple of professional snowboarders.

Cheers.

deeeb's im a lazy s h i t i didnt get up to my bros shop sorry! will keep you posted when i go! sorry!!

an as for flow bindings, they are simple not fiddley and i liked them im not going to change my mind i have boarded with thim 2 times and didnt have a problem sorry to hear others have i rate them pretty high, i think that they are a very stable very reliable binding! \:D

Noi probs SFG.

As for the flow bindings... you should be a little careful saying you have only used them 2 times. If I was anti flow I would be all over that one like a rash.

I speak from pure ignoraqnce here.... I tried my boots at the shop in different bindings. One thing I noticed was this. After going to all the effort to try on heaps of boots and choosing the comfy ones I found that doing up the strap on the strapup binding squashed the boot out of shape and totally changed the comfort of the boot. It didnt squash it much, but it did put pressure where before there was none. I didnt find this at all with the flow bindings. The boot just stayed firmly in the binding with no squashing of the boot at all. Perhaps when I actually go boarding I will have problems. I doubt that I will notice them.

Erm yes. Repeated and unequivocal recommendations of kit after only 2 times seems rash indeed.

The first two times I tried my Belligerent bindings I was pleased with them and ignored the unkind things my mates said about them (they cost money after all). After the 4th try, I realized that they left a nasty bruise in the palm of each hand from getting them closed, took more time to get into than conventional bindings, had the unfortunate habit of popping open all the time, and were otherwise of very crude manufacture.

So can I recommend either extensive testing, or at least a repectable amount of umming and ah-ing.

(Christ I nearly bought a pair of shitty Flow binding meself there!) \:D

i dont mean i have only been out with them 2 times i mean i use them on the 2 trips i went to the snow this year, so i have used them for about a week or boarding all together.....

i didnt have any troube with them i use flow boots which are the right shape for the binding so i didnt have any misshape stuff..

i dont care if ocean thinks they are "SHITTY" bindings its all personal opinion....

i had an awsome time with mine no troubles at all i dont know any freinds that have ever had any troubles with them an my bros been using them for bout i donno as long as i can remember 7 years? now and has tryed all of the other bindings besides K2clikcers and hes the happiest with flows so its opinion....

some people have week arms and cant get them done up some people have no troulbes and dont even need to sit down to put them on... its bout what you want too...

\:o

SFG - I think Ocean was messing around. I doubt he was actually making a statement that they are shitty bindings. Kind of being sarcastic. Don't take it as a go at you.

Hell, at the end of the day, if you are happy that is all that matters.

I reckon I will be happy with mine, as I wont have any experience to compare them to. For me, ignorance is bliss.

One thing I note is that a lot of poor comments I have read about flow bindings have been based on a certain model. without actually knowing it I appear to have bought the model that doesn't have the problem features.

Also, a lot of reviews I read that were not so flash were based on old models. Again, the features that were complained about seemed to have been improved upon.

Hey all. I didn't mean to start a flame war! Yep, its all personal choice and if the flows work for you - go for it.

I don't like them and I couldn't justfiy buying them but that is my personal choice. I also don't like mushrooms but that really means nothing does it.

Anyway, whatever makes you enjoy the snow is all thats important when alls said and done.

Quote:
Originally posted by deebee:

I reckon I will be happy with mine, as I wont have any experience to compare them to. For me, ignorance is bliss.
If your flows are the first bindings that you have ever owned/used etc then yes, you have made a wise purchase and you will love them!!!

Please don't be put off by my comments which were only aimed at riders who are faced with being in their bindings 7 days a week for a whole season (i.e., season riders or snowboard instructors etc)

Enjoy!!!

I must concur with nulla-flows are great for convinience and comfort but I wouldnt rely on them a whole season of daily work and for the upper end of riding-real steep tech stuff and rails and the like they just have a bit too much give which leads to inconsistency when you need it most

Quote:
Originally posted by D train:
I must concur with nulla-flows are great for convinience and comfort but I wouldnt rely on them a whole season of daily work and for the upper end of riding-real steep tech stuff and rails and the like they just have a bit too much give which leads to inconsistency when you need it most
^^^^ Thats what I tried to say but took way to many words to say it. Cheers.

All right, I will agree that Flow will be fine for S_F_G and for NewBee. Drew, have you tried high quality strap bindings?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:

(Christ I nearly bought a pair of shitty Flow binding meself there!) \:D

Geeze. Ocean is so in bed with the SJG crew that they even set the auto swear sensor to ignore his posts. \:\)

flows are fine i cant see the problem they dont have any fiddely clicky straps they are wuick and easy all ya gotta do is click the ankle support up and your on your way!

WALLLAA.....

silly.gif

ps. personaly y would u wanna use bindings that you ahve to click in little straps after every lift? meh ... just a thought?

Hey ender - yeah it would appear that Ocean and the SJG (or should i say SJ!!) crew are pretty chummy!!!

I have tried straps in before, although this was not for long and was a while ago.

I have nothing against the strap in bindings, i just haven't had any probs with my Flow bindings.

Cheers

I have not personally tried Flow bindings. I will make a real effort to try some this season though so I can comment personally.

One thing that I have heard, as nulla reiterated, is that for a seasoned veteran or someone that rides everyday, Flow bindings are inadequate. They do not provide enough support, and they are uncomfortable unless you have Flow boots as well. Again, this is just what I have heard.

As neither S_F_G nor DB fit into this category I think Flows are great. Obviously S_F_G thinks they work for her and that is what matters.

BTW I am pretty quick with my strap ins and usually do it on the chairlift. I am sure I can get out of them just as fast as anyone with Flows.

Ahem.

I love this site.

I have written articles for this site.

I've met (once) and liked the bloke who runs it.

I pester him with suggestions.

We have a confluence of interests.

I'm interested in seeing this site develop further.

But I'm subject to exactly the same rules as anybody else on this forum. If I use one of the prohibited swear words, it gets asterisked. If I were to post something totally offensive, I'm sure it would get deleted - but I don't, so it's not. (Like any censorship system, the one on this site is full of silly contradictions and loopholes. I don't like it anymore than anybody else, but I'm not the one who built this site, so I only have squatter's rights. I accept that.)

Right, well, I hope that's clear now. :p

nulla - Baker is looking mighty white right now. But we've had the driest October on record here in Washington and November is supposed to be more of the same. Not looking too good for early openings this year in the Cascades.

Ocean - ******* \:D